La Fenice Primitivo IGP
This wine is a result of a careful selection of Primitivo grapes. Refined in barrels, ruby red in colour, rich and spicy in its bouquet with a mellow, full, aromatic and full tannic taste. Excellent with meat and cheese. Best served at 18°C.
HARVEST: THIRD DECADE OF AUGUST
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13,5 %
SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18°C
BOTTLE SIZE: 750 ml
- Selection: end of July
- Harvest: last days of August
- Collection method: manual collection into boxes
- Fermentation: in steel silos at controlled temperature
- Seasoning: steel silos + 3 months in bottles
- Colour: purple-red
- Alcohol: 13.5-14 % vol.
- The name derives from the early ripening of the grapes, in fact it is one of the first red berried grapes that reaches maturity. It cannot be said that it is a historic vine of the Salento area, having been introduced relatively recently, but certainly it has found an ideal habitat to achieve excellent results. The type of processing chosen by us, tends not to exacerbate the alcohol content and the tannins of the product, but rather to enhance its taste and aromas, preserving a good freshness. With a bright purple red color, fresh to the nose, juicy, with flavors of black currant, it is soft and enveloping in the mouth with evident tannins.
- The wine is perfect for dishes of red meat with sauces, roasted meat, game and feathered game, cheese average exposure.
- Serving temperature: 16-18 degrees.